HOW LONG THIS MADNESS?
“The people of the land have used oppressions, committed robbery, and mistreated the poor and needy; and they wrongfully oppress the stranger. So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.” (Ezekiel 22:29–30, NKJV)
In this continuing saga, Westside Ministries in Florida has been accused of reneging on the Joint Settlement Agreement. The signed settlement agreement was dated June 7, 2022, and listed nine items both Pastor Watts and Bishop Green were to comply with, they are as follows.
- Both the Plaintiff and Defendant in the above referenced legal action shall dismiss all their civil actions, with prejudice to refiling.
- Defendants have petitioned the court to dismiss this civil action, COGIC and Bishop Green have not, although Bishop Green using the name of COGIC is the one who “took his brother to court”
- The Pastor will recant any and all disparaging remarks to and about the Church of God in Christ and the Jurisdictional Bishop, before the General Assembly, and will refrain from any future such remarks.
- This was done at the 2022 April Call Meeting on stage before the entire General Assembly with Bishop Sheard praying to restore fellowship with Pastor Watts.
- With the General Assembly in session, Chairman Thuston stated. “Legally that the church does not need to be restored to the Church of God in Christ because it never fully left, but what we do need is restoration to fellowship.” (Important because the Presiding Bishop and General Board is does not have the authority to conduct the executive functions of the church when the General Assembly is in session.)
- The Pastor and his congregation will be permitted to transfer and/or register its existing church with an ecclesiastical jurisdiction in Florida, or a contiguous state, without interference.
- (This has not been allowed, Bishop Green or someone has gone into the Arc System, removed Pastor Watts as pastor, placed Bishop Green as pastor and told the civil court, Pastor Watts was never a COGIC pastor)
- The property at 2313 G Street will be re-titled to include the Church of God in Christ, Inc. constitutionally mandated “Trust Clause”. This facility has an estimated value of $50,000-$100,000, and is currently free and clear of all liens and/or encumbrances. It is recommended that Bishop Green recoup all of his legal fees and any other expenses he may have incurred in the arising from this action through the sale, disposition or occupancy of this property by a newly placed church and/or ministry under the supervision of Bishop Green.
- (Defendants executed a Corrective Deed for G-Street on August 1, 2022; This provision was removed on July 6, 2022 by General Counsel Saffold because of legal implications).
- The title to the property located at 51 Marshall Street shall be changed to include the constitutionally mandated Trust Clause.
- West Side Ministries shall be declared a church in ‘good standing’ within the Church of God in Christ, Inc. and placed under the supervision and oversight from the National Board of Trustees of the Church of God in Christ for a period of three (3) years.
- No action for Pastor Watts to take.
- Both the Plaintiff and Defendant shall bear their own legal expenses and court costs.
- Perhaps this is the real problem, is Bishop Green trying to get money out of this; he is the one who started all of this.
- The Church of God in Christ, Inc. shall bare no expense in this case, since the legal action was initiated without authorization to either party from the Church of God in Christ, Inc.
- No action for Pastor Watts to take
- The request for Special Clemency in the form of restoration is granted to Pastor Kenneth Watts by the Presiding Bishop, and affirmed by the General Board.
- Did COGIC, Inc. withdraw forgiveness, this is not a business deal, this was a spiritual, before the Throne of GOD prayer; in the Name of Jesus to restore. Woe to those who can extend then withdraw forgiveness. With this action COGIC has literally placed itself in a position to not be forgiven its trespasses.
- ““And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.” (Mark 11:25, NKJV).